This article highlights some useful strategies that will surely help you to win in online poker tournaments:
1. Play very carefully at the beginning because the betting will be quite unpredictable.
2. Don’t play in a common style because most your opponents know that strategy.
3. If you are doubtful that you have the best hand, then make your opponents think that you have by betting in an aggressive style or just fold.
4. If you have the best hand, don’t let your opponents know it. Make them think that they have their best hand and allow them to lead the betting and hit them on the river.
5. In the early stage of the game, target to survive to the next stage and try to get some more chips on the way
6. Don’t worry if your opponents have accumulated a large number of chips. Just keep patience and wait for the big hands.
7. It’s better to watch the betting when the flop doesn’t help you fold or unless you think that your opponents have not improved.
8. If you get a solid hand after the flop, then raise the bets and make your opponents pay to remain in the game. If you hand is the best, then go all in.
9. Try to not make it personal. When your opponents try to intimidate you, then its better to turn the chat off
10. Raise pre flop with good cards and try to steal the blinds. You need to be bold and show some aggressiveness in your play. But it is better to fold if you are not enough confident
11. If you have a larger chip stack, then track the stack-size of your opponents and make them pay to stay in the game. It’s better to increase your bets when you have good hand.
12. When you have the chips lead, don’t play too loose because the blinds are very high and you can lose your chips in a couple of hands.
13. If you survive to be in the last two or three players and you have the chip lead, then keep the patience and wait for that killer hand. Because most probably, one will eliminate the other.